The following describes the way to update Salesforce with Komiko meta data using an admin user. There are 3 steps:
- Change the API user to a user with admin rights
- Apply the meta data changes
- Change the API user back to the original API user
1. Changing the API user to be the admin user
Access Komiko’s admin dashboard. You can use the following URL https://www.getkomiko.com/dashboard.
Click on the gear icon to access the Admin dashboard. Then click on the Salesforce card. And the last step is clicking on the [Go] button to allow Komiko’s access to Salesforce.
If you are not logged into Salesforce clicking on the [Go] button will take you to the following Salesforce login screen. You should use a user that has admin rights.
If you are already logged into Salesforce then you’ll not be directed to this screen.
Click next to start updating meta data.
2. Updating Komiko’s meta data to Salesforce
Click on the [Go] button to start the meta data update. This process takes couple of minutes. Please wait until it finishes.
3. Changing the API user back to the original API user
Log out of the Salesforce admin user and login as the original API user.
Go back to the Connect tab and click [Go]. This will change the API user back to the original one.
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.