Here are the three steps required to sign up to ZoomInfo InboxAI:
- Register to ZoomInfo InboxAI using your work email user
- Install ZoomInfo InboxAI for Salesforce
- Set synchronization rules
If you need, we’ll be happy to guide you through the process. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the initial setup. Next steps should include expanding the scope of mailboxes that ZoomInfo InboxAI monitors. There are two possible ways:
- Each user would individually register to ZoomInfo InboxAI. Two clicks to allow ZoomInfo InboxAI access. They would not need to follow any Salesforce step. It is manageable as long as the number of users is not more than 5.
- Set up a central service account and grant read access to the target mailboxes. This allows you to let ZoomInfo InboxAI monitor the target mailboxes without any effort from the users side. It also establishes a stable connection that does not break when a user changes their password. For more info about the service accounts refer to Microsoft Office 365 service account or G-Suite service account.
You can also watch this video.
Navigate to ZoomInfo InboxAI’s registration page https://www.inboxai.zoominfo.com/account/register
Click the Google Account and get the Google pop-up window request to allow access to your mailbox.
For Microsoft Office 365
Click the <Sign up with Office 365> and get the Office 365 screen requesting to sign in to your account and allowing access to your mailbox.
For Microsoft Exchange
Enter your email address and password, and click <Connect to Exchange>. You’d need to check the terms & conditions check box.
If it does not work, click on the wrench icon to open up additional settings fields. Enter the server address as shown when you access your mailbox from a web experience – OWA – Outlook Web Access.
2. Install ZoomInfo InboxAI for Salesforce
The signup phase will take you to the following Salesforce setup experience. Just click <GO TO DATA SOURCES>.
If you’d like to get back to the setup experience you can also use https://www.inboxai.zoominfo.com/account/register
2.1 Connecting ZoomInfo InboxAI to Salesforce
Click on <Salesforce> and then on the <Salesforce0> card created.
Select the target Salesforce system that you’d like to setup ZoomInfo InboxAI. You can choose (1) Production or (2) Sandbox. Then click <Go>.
Salesforce will show the following pop-up window asking you to allow ZoomInfo InboxAI to access your Salesforce system.
When you are back you’ll see the User name, email, organization ID and URL information shown at the bottom of the screen. See below.
2.2 Installing ZoomInfo InboxAI meta data to the relevant profiles
<Profile settings> – The default profiles include: <System Admin> and <Standard User>. You can easily change it. The selected profiles are the ones that will have access to ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s fields and widgets and their pages can be changed by ZoomInfo InboxAI. If you make changes please do not forget to save them by clicking <Save>.
It is important to note that ZoomInfo InboxAI is only adding fields and objects and does not make any changes to existing info.
Change existing layouts –
- Yes – will update the following page layouts (1) Accounts (2) Opportunities (3) Contacts (4) Leads
- No – will not update any Salesforce page. It’ll create sample pages that can later be reused when modifying existing pages.
Click <Go> – ZoomInfo InboxAI’s custom fields, custom objects, list views and visualforce widgets are deployed. Data is not yet pushed to Salesforce. It is easy to <uninstall>, if needed.
The deployment process takes several minutes and it depends on the size of your Salesforce instance.
3. Set the synchronization rules
Click on the <on> button to enable the settings.
Select the tracking scope between: (1) Accounts and Contacts only to also (2) Opportunities and Leads. The default is (2) all four Salesforce objects – Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities and Leads.
3.1 Contacts, Emails and Meetings capturing
Contacts capturing – select either
- Don’t create new contacts – ZoomInfo InboxAI will not create contacts automatically for you. It can send you a daily or weekly notification about new contacts and companies that were discovered in your email exchange. You’ll be able to manually add them as account, contact or lead to Salesforce.
- [Default] Ignore contacts with ambitious accounts – ZoomInfo InboxAI will automatically create contacts for you, unless there is more than one account that matches the email domain.
Employees as contacts – [Default] No. Do not create contacts in Salesforce for your own employees.
Email capturing – [Default] Yes. You can capture emails automatically or not. Independently ZoomInfo InboxAI will show these emails in its Visualforce widget embedded in Salesforce native UI. If you choose to capture emails you can select the option to only capture meta data
Meetings capturing – [Default] Yes. Same as emails, you can capture emails automatically or not.
Attachments capturing – [Default] No. Capturing attachment consumes expensive Salesforce storage space. We suggest to not capture and access them from ZoomInfo InboxAI‘s visualforce widget. It also supports full text search of documents and in-line viewing.
3.2 Opportunities scope, Time frame, Mailboxes and Blacklist
Opportunity settings – Determine which stages should be included when assigning an email to an opportunity. The default setting is focused only on open opportunities (e.g. not closed won or lost)
Time frame – The time frame that ZoomInfo InboxAI will scan through in order to update last interaction dates e.g. last inbound date, last outbound date, last meeting, next meeting, etc.
Mailboxes – that’s where you’d add the mailboxes that you’d like to use for synchronizing to Salesforce. At registration stage, please add you mailbox so you’ll start seeing some content in Salesforce. To expand please also refer to the Office 365 and G-suite service account articles.
Blacklist – Please share with us any specific email or email domain that needs to be blacklisted. Typically it includes your payroll providers, legal firm, board members, etc.
GDPR Removal Request – please share with us any email that you’d like to remove from our database as well as information that ZoomInfo InboxAI posted to Salesforce.
Now click <Save & Done>.
Congratulations! The meta data have been deployed. Any new email received by the list of monitored mailboxes will be evaluated for synchronization relevancy. When relevant, it’ll update Salesforce immediately.
For support please email email@example.com and we’ll get back to immediately.